Monday, January 31, 2011

Seminary Graduate in Mexico

This month, one of LATTE's students graduated from the IELC (Evangelical Lutheran Confessional Church) seminary in Mexico.  Seminarian Jorge completed four years of ministerial training, including his recent vicar year.



Seminarian Jorge, IELC President Esequiel, & LATTE Professor Larry
A comment from Jorge on his seminary training--

"Well, my studies in the seminary were very interesting.  There were difficult moments with the courses, but thanks to God, I had good teachers who had much patience and helped me alot to prepare for my ministry. I believe that one of the classes I enjoyed the most was Hebrew.

From the LATTE team, I only had Pastor Larry as my teacher. I learned much from him as he instructed me in the Word of God. Also, Pastor Mike was my professor.
I enjoyed my time very much as their student.  It was very edifying, because they were not only my teachers, but also my family while I was in Torreón. 
  
I am very thankful to God for the opportunity that He gave me to be instructed in the seminary, through good teachers and friends, whom He used as faithful tools.

Now that I have graduated and have seen everything they have done for me, I am filled with happiness since I feel prepared for the work which God has given us to do."

Jorge & his fiancé Kerry

Jorge and his fiancé Kerry are planning to be married in mid-February and will be moving to serve a new mission in the Mahahual area located in the Yucatan Pennisula.


Jorge is also the web administrator for the IELC's Spanish website http://www.luteranosmexicanos.net.

No comments: