Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Classes in the New Year



The new year has come, and with it the beginning of new classes for LATTE.

Some students are starting an online doctrine course called Escatología--the study of what the Bible says (and doesn't say) about the end times--with Professor Lorenzo.  Another student, nearing the end of his formal seminary studies, has started an intensive four-week study of the book of Isaiah with Professor Larry.  A few will continue examining the Augsburg Confession with Professor Philip  And still others are just starting a class on the history of the Christian church.  It is my privilege to teach this class on Church History.

And I'm looking forward to it.  I'm looking forward to getting to know Henry, Jairo and Raul, three student-pastors in Colombia whom I haven't yet met face-to-face, but will soon get to know over Skype.  I'm in Mexico; they're in Medellín and Quibdó, Colombia.  We'll study together across the Internet.

I'm also looking forward to reviewing the lessons we can learn from history.  I marvel at how God has preserved his church over the centuries.  I appreciate how past Christians have fought to defend Scripture's truth against subtle false doctrines.  I learn from them how to recognize and fight false doctrine today.

The new year has come.  And as we begin a new class on Church History, we ask God to help us learn lessons from the past.

2 comments:

Ray Dusseau said...

Blessings to the entire LATTE team in 2012! May God's blessings exceed your expectations and challenge you with new opportunities. - Ray Dusseau

LATTE said...

Thanks for your continued support Dr. Dusseau! Greetings from all of us in Latin America!